Ellenbrook Ballet Academy is a well-established, busy and growing dance school located in Ellenbrook, with a sister studio in Joondalup. Many of our students take classes at both locations, and both are run identically to the other. At EBA we share and celebrate a mutual love for dance. We aim to open the doorway to dance for our students and actively work to ensure each of them feels special, gains confidence and strives for excellence in their dance home. We have the honour of teaching students of all ages from our Pre-School program “Budding Ballerinas”, all the way up to our Adult Program “Brilliant Ballet”.
We are seeking a fantastic and motivated Director of First Impressions to manage our reception desk and waiting area on a Saturday 8.45am-11.45am. The successful candidate will be someone who is passionate about their work, reliable, a committed team player and eager to serve. In this role, you will support the Operations Manager & CEO by ensuring the day-to-day running of the studio is on track, providing exceptional customer service to our current and potential clients, nurturing our new leads into our studio, and communicating with our teaching team.
Your role will cover five main areas in studio operations including:
1. Lead Nurturing
3. Client Love
5. Stock Control
Your responsibilities will include:
• Liaise with the Director and Teaching team as required to ensure the studio moves as a whole towards its goals and targets. This includes weekly meetings with the Director, ensuring the teaching team are informed, and following up team requirements
• Efficiently and professionally managing the studio email, phone and other digital communications including responding to current and potential clients, suppliers and teaching staff. Being the gatekeeper for the Teachers and CEO.
• Managing our CRM (currently Trello) to maintain customer records, process fee payments and organise classes. Acting quickly to contact parents should any changes need to be made that affect their children.
• Assisting the director with current and new projects including productions, and internal and external events, and handling small details of new concepts being introduced to the studio.
• Managing our enquiry to enrolment process and ensuring new clients are brought into our dance family with love, respect and care. Nurturing new leads into the studio.
• Management of petty cash for the studio and ensuring supplies are well stocked
• Assisting in the ordering of uniforms and costumes as necessary with our Operations Manager
• Assisting with risk assessment when required
•Adhering to our Covid Safe Policy at all times
•Maintaining the presentation and functionality waiting room and studio throughout your shift
How you will fit into our team
The Director of First Impressions will use their organisational skills to handle the ‘behind the scenes’ day-to-day running of our busy dance studio. Experience in dance is not required, more important is your ability to integrate into our team, efficiently manage your time, and own your role. You will be comfortable engaging with our current and potential clients, via the phone, email and in person as required. Clear communication skills are required in ensuring the voice of the studio is delivered consistently through all mediums.
You will be able to show initiative and be capable of making decisions within your role that move the studio forward to its goals.You will keep our mission and values at the heart of everything you do as you integrate into our team and you will own the responsibilities of your role.
Weekly meetings (online or in person) with the Operations Manager and/or CEO are required along with team trainings and meetings once per term. In this role, you will require a computer or laptop, with access to stable internet. During busy performance times, and enrolment times you will be required in person in order to assist the Director and teaching team. You will be proficient in Google Sheets, Google Docs and email. You will be willing and able to quickly pick up our other digital platforms such as Trello.
This role is offered as an ongoing casual position during the school terms, with the potential to increase for the right candidate. To thrive in this position, you will need enthusiasm, attention to detail and a desire to help our studio move towards its goals.
Start date: February 2022.
If you think you’d be perfect for this position, please complete the application form by completing the Google Form below: